The Doctor Condict House, owned by the Woman's Club of Morristown, was built in 1797,
and was declared a historic site November 18, 1971 by the New Jersey Department of
Environmental Protection. April 3, 1973, the Club was informed by the Department
of the Interior that its Club House, The Doctor Lewis Condict House, had been entered
in the National Register of Historic Places. Dr. Lewis Condict, who built the house,
was the nephew of Silas Condict, member of the Continental Congress. The deed shows
that Silas Condict sold his nephew 11 acres on South Street. The price was 1,400
pounds. In 1972 the Club property consists of less than 1 acre.
If you would like to find out more on the history of our historic house, please call
our Club House Secretary, Anne Moores during office hours @ 973 539-0467.
Presented to the Woman's Club of Morristown by the Morris County Board of Chosen Freeholders. The renovations to the historic building are partially funded by them through the Morris County Historic Preservation Fund.